Colony Moving & Storage also has the distinct advantage over other moving companies in Pocasset, Massachusetts in that we have the ability to plan and execute international moves from the Cape. Through our international move management program via United Van Lines, we can help our clients with the initial planning stages, packing and loading, help them navigate the regulations of international moves and offer overseas transit protection. We also offer a wide variety of additional options and services, to help facilitate the move.
Compared to other moving companies in the region, Colony Moving & Storage has been rated as one of the top services in the local area. We can provide local, interstate and international moves, coordinating the services for our clients every step of the way.
For over 75 years, our family owned and operated moving company has worked diligently to offer our clients the very best in local and international move management services. We can assist with documentation requirements, forwarding logistics, overseas transit protection and much more for international moves from the Cape and all of Southeastern Massachusetts. Our consultants will work with you directly to provide you with all of the services, estimates and overall moving plans required to plan a successful international move.
Global Reach, Unmatched Service
We are proud to be a member of UniGroup Worldwide UTS, which is a network that consists of over 300 moving specialists located in 200 countries all over the globe. With over 70 years of experience providing individuals and corporations with full-service global mobility, international move management and overseas transit protection, UniGroup is a truly comprehensive global moving service. We are able to provide our clients access to all of the tools and services available through UniGroup, making your international move less stressful and better managed.
At Colony Moving & Storage, our in-house international moving consultant has been trained in all aspects of moving and relocation on a global scale. The purpose is to help you navigate all of the requirements for international moving based on the country you are moving to and the laws that govern the overseas moving process. Our team can answer any questions you might have and can take care of international move management details for you.
Some of the services provided through our moving team of companies in Pocasset, Massacusetts include:
- Contacting clients within 24-hours of any new move notifications to exchange destination contact details.
- Providing a packet with details about country information to help our clients become acquainted with the laws and regulations of their destination country.
- Go over all regulations and documents that are required for customs clearance.
- Explain and answer questions regarding insurance policies and related products.
- Work with the local agent for international moves from the Cape to confirm and reconfirm any packing or loading dates in advance and the day before the services are due to be performed as part of our international move management.
- Ensure that all of the necessary arrangements have been made with underlying carriers during transit, including the transportation to the port of exit, handling, customs clearance, transportation to the destination agent and delivery to your new location.
- Monitoring the movement of your belongings from origin to destination with the help of the UniGroup Worldwide UTS international tracking system. The automated date tracking workflow provided can help improvement international move management to ensure that everything is moved without any delays.
- Allow our clients to monitor the progress of their moves via the international tracking system via the www.unigroupworldwide.com website, 24-hours a day.
- Once the shipment has arrived, we will make contact to schedule a delivery date.
- We encourage our clients to complete our online survey so we can continue making quality improvements for international moves from the Cape via our professional moving companies in Pocasset, Massachusetts.
- Our team can also provide assistance with claims processing, if it becomes necessary.
What to Expect from Colony Moving & Storage
When you work with our moving companies in Pocasset, Massachusetts to provide services for international move management outside North America, it is important to know what type of equipment and materials will be used to pack and transport your belongings from the point of origin to the new destination overseas. You can have confidence in knowing that UniGroup Worldwide UTS relies on its many years of planning international moves from the Cape, New England and all over the United States, to choose the best container and methods for your move based on your unique needs and requirements. In some cases, the volume and weight of your belongings can also affect the selection of the container that is used.
- Lift-Van Containers – These are used to safely transport goods overseas. Lined with water-resistant paper to keep goods dry, they are constructed of plywood and feature a 2-inch by 4-inch wooden frame that has attached skids for easy fork-lift movement. The standard sizes for these containers is 185-210 cubic feet, however custom crates may be built for bulky items. This is the best choice for shipments that are less than 4,000 pounds and the crates can be used for traditional storage as well to improve handling and customs inspections for clearance. These are the preferred choice of transport, especially in countries where steamship containers cannot be handled.
- Steamship Containers – Built using heavy duty steel, these containers look like the freight trailers used on semi trucks and trains. Choose from a 20-foot container that can hold 1100 cubic feet of stuff or a 40-foot container that can hold approximately 2300 cubic feet. These containers hold much more than a lift-van, so they are great for bulky shipments or large shipments with a minimum of 700 cubic feet or 4,000 pounds for best results. While these containers cannot be used for every country due to handling issues, when they are used they provide the best protection compared to any other containers for international move management. Lower cost for transportation compared to other methods for international moves from the Cape and all of Southeastern Massachusetts, as long as the minimum requirements for volume and weight have been met.
- Air Freight Containers – If your things are being transported via air, this is the required type of container that must be used. It is made from a triple layer of corrugated cardboard and can range in sizes from 18-96 cubic feet. Larger containers are fitted with skids for easy forklift loading and unloading. The dimensions of these containers are restricted so they can pass through the cargo doors of an aircraft.
If you are interested in learning more about the international move management, overseas transit protection and customs clearance services available through Colony Moving & Storage, give us a call at 508-563-7300. Our team can help you with local, interstate and international moves and provide full service options to assist with packing, loading, unloading, storage options and more. Colony Moving & Storage and United Van Lines partner with UniGroup Worldwide UTS to provide our clients with a truly comprehensive moving program.