Packing Supplies for Your Massachusetts Move
No matter what type of job you are doing, having the right tools can make a big difference in the end result. The same holds true for planning a move, whether you are doing a DIY move or working with moving companies in Massachusetts to get your from point A to point B. When it comes to packing all of your belongings for a residential or commercial move, you need to have the right kind of boxes, packing tape, and other supplies in order to protect everything during the move. Lots of things can go wrong whether you work with local Cape Cod movers or do it yourself, so it pays to protect your things to the best of your ability to prevent breakage or loss.
Southeastern Massachusetts packing supplies and services can be purchased from your local moving companies on the Cape, like Colony Moving & Storage. Our team has been providing top quality packing supplies and services to residential and commercial clients for many years. We have all of the moving quality boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, tissue paper, packing paper and other supplies that you could ever need to properly pack your things. Ask about our specialty boxes for flat-panel televisions and other odd-shaped or high-value items. We can even do custom crating for large items when there aren’t any viable box solutions available.
Tips for Better Packing & Moving
Everyone can always use more tips on how to properly pack and move their things. Whether you are packing up your home and moving out of state or are in need of logistics to relocate your business to another part of town, the Cape Cod movers at Colony Moving & Storage can help. Our team can supply you with all of the Southeastern Massachusetts packing supplies and services you need, assist with planning for your move, provide you with a FREE estimate for our services, and even help with temporary or long-term storage during and after your move.
Some of the tips that we suggest to our clients include:
- Create a Checklist – Make a list of all the things you need to do in order to properly plan and execute your move. Include things like contacting utility companies regarding service, putting in a moving notice with a landlord, arranging storage, getting boxes and packing materials, putting in a change of address, getting school and doctor records for children, and anything else that might need to get done.
- Create Packing Lists – Another great way to stay organized during your move is to create packing lists and label your boxes for a smoother move. Some people prefer to label boxes by the room they are going into and then number those boxes so they can keep a spreadsheet or piece of paper with all of the items inside listed for easier retrieval after the move. There’s always that one thing that you need to find when you move, and rather than running around and opening up all the boxes before you are ready to unpack them all, it’s easier just to find box #4 in the kitchen to find the coffee pot.
- Clean Up & Clear Out – Use your move as an excuse to go through all of your belongings and get rid of some stuff. Go through each room at a time, making piles of things to keep, things to put into storage with your moving companies in Massachusetts, things to donate and things to throw away. You might be surprised at how much stuff you don’t need and how many things can be stored safely in storage to give you more living space.
- Coordinate Boxes – Try to pack your things according to the room they belong in and what the items are in relation to one another. For example, pack all the kids toys with other kids toys. Pack all of the small kitchen appliances with all of the other small kitchen appliances. Pack all of the winter clothes with all of the other winter clothes, and so on.
- Create a Precious Items Box – Do you have some items that are so important to you that you just can’t bear to part with them, not even during a move? Family photos, grandmother’s locket, art that your kids made in grade school, and other irreplaceable items can all be packed into a single “Precious Items” box that will move with you in your personal vehicle for extra protection. If you need other precautions or have a lot of items that fit in this category, speak with your Cape Cod movers about how to protect these items.
- Create an Open First Box – Another special box that you will want to create is the “Open First” box that will contain essential items like toiletries, hand soap, paper towels, dish towels, the coffee maker, coffee, filters and cups, medications, cleaning supplies, and anything else that you will want to have first when you get to your new location. Ask about Southeastern Massachusetts packing supplies and services that you can use for this purpose from your trusted moving companies on the Cape.
Call Colony Moving & Storage
If you are ready to start planning your next move, contact Colony Moving & Storage, one of the top moving companies in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. You can trust us to be your Cape Cod movers and relocate you anywhere around the globe. Whether you are making a local move right here in Southeastern Massachusetts or if you are moving overseas, our team can help you plan your move and can give you advice on the right packing supplies to protect your belongings. Give us a call at 1-800-374-0860 to get a FREE quote on all of our moving, storage and Southeastern Massachusetts packing supplies and services.